We seek to make Akron and Cleveland welcoming cities for those arriving here. As you explore our communities, here are some links you may find helpful.
Interested in studying English? Consider these options:
- The University of Akron’s English Language Institute
- Cleveland State’s English as a Second Language Program
- Cuyahoga Community College English Language Program
- ELS program at Case Western Reserve University
Most Americans rely on cars to get around Cleveland, but public transportation is also available as well as free transportation when you first arrived.
- If you need transportation from the Cleveland airport when you first arrive, contact International Friendships (IFI) who will arrange for a volunteer to pick you up. Volunteers will even provide housing for up to four days until you make housing arrangements.
- To learn more about traveling by bus or train, see the Cleveland’s Rapid Transit System
Looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a few days?
- Check out the The Cleveland Hostel
What’s there to do in Cleveland? Visit: